In light of his win of Top 30 Under 30 we recently caught up with rradar’s IT Infrastructure Technician, Rob Cunningham and got to know him a little more.
1. Can you tell us a bit about what the award means to you?
The Top 30 award is a great scheme that recognises young people’s talent and potential, it’s an excellent opportunity to grow and become a better individual.
2. What advice would you give to someone who is starting out in your field?
Advice I would give to someone starting out in IT is, don’t be afraid of taking on challenging work, there is always great help available in the IT industry and plenty of opportunity to enhance your skills.
3. How do you see your career progressing with rradar?
I would like to stay with rradar for the foreseeable future and become a more senior member of the team eventually. I love working here and the people I work with are fantastic.
4. Do you have any hobbies?
Some of my main hobbies include gym, chess, golf and rock climbing.
5. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
My greatest accomplishment in life is my wonderful fiancée and the relationship we have.
6. What do you enjoy most about your role at rradar?
The best thing about my role at rradar is the people I work with and the rewarding work that I do.
7. Who is someone you admire?
8. Top 3 people you’d like to have dinner with (alive or dead)?
Magnus Carlsen (world chess champion), David Goggins and Joe Marler (Rugby player).
9. And what are you eating?
10. What is the best advice you have ever received?
“You cannot stop the wave, but you can ride it”
11. What is your career highlight/s at rradar?
Highlights at rradar include, completing my apprenticeship in my first year with rradar, and the end of year celebration 2022 was fantastic.
12. Lastly what would you say is your favourite film?
The Blues Brothers.